Moan is a horror short film version of a feature length screenplay. It is currently in post-production.
Please contact Marshall if you have experience and interest in working on a progressive feminist short horror film project. We prefer someone with interest/familiarity with the horror genre as well as progressive values.
The final short is expected to be approximately 14 – 17 minutes in length. It will be submitted to film festivals, and used to recruit interest and funding for the feature-length film.
Casting Call information
Genre: Horror short film
Synopsis: A wholesome young woman, sparked by trust violations, explores a different relationship with her freethinking best friend. They confront the young men who have wronged them.
Dates and Locations
Boulder Casting: Boulder Public Library, 1001 Arapahoe St, Flatirons Meeting Room, 80302
Fri June 1st 2 – 4pm and Sat June 2nd 1 – 3pm
Denver Casting: Ubisububi Room in St. Mark’s Coffee House, 2019 E. 17th St (17th and Race), 80206
Friday June 1st, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- Young woman, fit, physically strong, between the ages of 18+. Athlete, good girl, people-pleaser, feminine. Paid.
- Young woman, distinct in appearance, 18+. Brainiac, feminist, freethinking, punk, empowered, best friend. Paid.
- Lead young man, athletic, 18+. Heterosexual, toxically masculine, but mildly so. Generally nice, but unaware of his privilege. Paid.
- Young man, friend, sense of entitlement. 18+. Paid. Supporting role.
- Various extras. Not paid.
Note: The roles for women involve scenes with same gender sexual interaction.
We encourage people of all ethnicities and gender and sexual identities to audition.
This short is adapted from a feature-length screenplay. The short will be submitted to film festivals, and used to recruit interest and funding for the feature-length film.
Production Company: Collective Nightmares
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature-length Screenplay Awards